Friday, February 01, 2008

Tag: Page 123

I have been tagged by Tripp.

The Rules:-
Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more. (No cheating!)
Find Page 123.
Find the first 5 sentences.
Post the next 3 sentences.
Tag 5 people.

Ok, so I'm cheating a little bit. When I first read Tripp's blog, the nearest book was some Star Wars book that my husband was reading. But, I didn't actually complete the tag then. So, now, I'm sitting in the study... studying :). And the nearest book has this to say on page 123:

Another refuge for a small, beleaguered people? To Isaiah, this was pernicious. The times might well be menacing and the prospect of recovering independent sovereignty enticing, but all the security Zion and its people needed was the in the Lord.

That is from the Tyndale Old Testament Commentary on Isaiah. This particular snippet is from a comment on Isaiah 14:28-32. Not sure why that book was on top of my book pile as I've not used it in a while. I think I must have inverted the pile yesterday as I was looking for another particular book.

So, now to tag 5 people:
Sally
JayAre
Lisa
Leah
PH

Post in the comments if you played...

4 Comments:

Blogger leah said...

Amy! I cannot believe my comment didn't take! thanks for the tag; I'll leave a link to my play--soon, I hope.

12:53 PM  
Blogger Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Ok, my dear, I played!

Here's mine:
http://coleyblog.blogspot.com/2008/02/tag-page-123.html

3:40 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

OK i'M PLAYING NOW!

3:51 PM  
Blogger leah said...

here's mine and in the process I even discovered something I was trying to discuss with the adult bible class this noon...some class members accept ideas more easily if they really know they're not out of what they tend to consider my wild imaginings!

9:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home