Friday, November 23, 2007

Five Things I'm Thankful For Meme

Sally tagged me to do this meme. Five things I'm thankful for, and this week being Thanksgiving Week, it is a timely post. There are many things I'm thankful for, so it's hard to narrow it down to five. But, I'll do my best:

1. I'm really thankful for my family, and especially my dear sweet husband. I tried finding that perfect mate on my own, and was wholly unsuccessful at that pursuit. When I finally let go and left it up to God, Jack walked into my life. God was pretty smart when He came up with that idea :).

2. Cool, crisp fall days. Really, the cycle of seasons. I love the natural cyclical changes in weather. Texas never really had four distinct seasons, and Oklahoma is only slightly better. When I lived in New York City, there were four beautiful, distinct seasons. I really miss that. A friend of mine used to live in Hawaii, and I was so jealous. I thought there could be nothing better than living where the weather is beautiful all year long. But, he told me that he thought the same thing too until he lived there for a few years. He said that not having a regular cycle of seasons really messes with your own cycles.

3. The Robert E. Webber Institute for Worship Studies. This program has been life changing for me and I will be ever thankful to Tim for introducing me to it, to my church for financially supporting me in this endeavor and to all my instructors and classmates for countless, unnameable gifts.

4. Music - without it, my life would not be.

5. Worship - God has given us such a gift in worship, and especially in things like Baptism and the Lord's Supper. I know that worship is first and foremost for and about God, and not what we want or get out of it. But, when it really is first and foremost for and about God, then what we do get out of it is beyond anything we could every think of to want for ourselves.


There are so many more things to be thankful for, and I hope that I can remember that every day. My life would be so different if I really did live a more Eucharistic life each and every day. So, I will try again today, and hopefully remember to do it again tomorrow. Perhaps over time I'll get better at it - only through God's grace.

I'm not sure there are 5 bloggers who read my blog regularly, but I'll try :). I tag Val, Jack, Tripp, Lisa and Ann (Ann, I don't know your blog address, so you'll have to give it to me). Ok, now you five need to post your five thankful things, let me know here at my blog when you've done it and then, let us all know over at Sally's blog so we can see all the many things we're thankful for

1 Comments:

Blogger Sally said...

excellent play- and I too am grateful for your music!

11:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home