Friday, February 15, 2008

Happy Bow Bridge Day

My husband and I do not celebrate Valentine's Day. No, we celebrate Bow Bridge Day. Four years ago, today, Jack proposed to me on Bow Bridge in Central Park:

I was living in New York at that time, and Jack had come to visit me, as he was living in Texas. I knew that a proposal was coming soon, but didn't know when or how or where. Sunday afternoon, after church, we went for a walk in Central Park. Jack knows that it was my favorite location in the city. I loved walking through the park. It was SOOOOO cold! Oh my goodness, I think it was 22 degrees or something ridiculous like that. Anyway, we came to Bow Bridge and were hanging out, taking pictures and chatting with chattering teeth. After a few minutes Jack reached into his pocket and said, "Hey, I still have my silly putty egg in my pocket. I wonder if silly putty freezes." We had both purchased silly putty eggs on his last trip to New York at the Toys R Us store in central park. We're silly that way :). Anyway, I grabbed the egg from him, curious to see if silly putty did indeed freeze, since EVERYTHING ELSE in the world was frozen at that time! And I opened the egg, and there, perched in the silly putty was a diamond ring! I started squealing and jumping up and down. Jack threw his arms around me and I said to him, "You've got to ask me, you have to ask me!" So he quickly dropped down on one knee, and blurted out really fast, "Will you be my wife?" He then jumped back up and threw his arms around me and I squealed again and said yes about a million times.

2004 was quite a whirlwind of a year for me. And, no offense to any of the guys I've dated in the past, but I'm so thankful to God for bringing Jack and me together. I love you honey!

3 Comments:

Blogger Ph said...

that is soooo cute...

i haven't forgotten the tag, but there is a reason that i haven't done it...it's legit. all the books that i've been reading that are long enough i don't want posted on my blog yet (that's a whole other story to unfold in the end of march)...i'll pick a good one this weekend.

2:29 PM  
Blogger Sally said...

wow- what a great story- so much better for being true. Happy Bow Bridge day!

4:13 PM  
Blogger leah said...

that is a great story--what a blessing you are to each other; great pics, also! thanks!

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home