Sunday, July 29, 2007

Invitation response

I mailed invites last week to 23 people, asking them to participate in the worship planning team. I hoped to get 6 to 7 yeses from that group. I also asked them to respond by today. So far, I have 8 definite yeses, 2 want to participate, but cannot at the time planned. If we change the time to a time they can participate, then the number will be 10. Then, I've received only 4 definite nos. One person has said maybe, but can't commit just yet because her brother is in ICU right now.
(quick prayer for her and her brother: Lord, healer of all ills, I pray that you surround my friend and her brother now with your healing arms. If it is your will that he join you in heaven, comfort his family and give them strength to give you glory in all things. In Jesus' name.)

I've not even heard from 9 people!

The response to this is just overwhelming. I can't even begin to describe how encouraging this is for me. And scary at the same time. Now that all these people are committed, it really has to happen. ACK!!!!

I've added a couple of things to the full 6 week outline which I will change in the earlier post very shortly, as well as those gastly colors in the previous post. They work well in Word when the background is white, but they're blinding in this format.

I know there are a couple of people looking at my blog cause the counter gives you away :). So, please feel free to come out of lurkdom and comment, suggest, encourage, etc. I can use all the encouragement and prayers I can get my hands on, so keep it comin.'

3 Comments:

Blogger Elaine said...

Yea, well, you really didn't have enough to do . . .

(I'm kidding, I'm kidding, stop strangling me!)

Elaine
www.dowlinglawoffice.com

8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Amy,
I'm a lurker, but have a specific interest in your project as one who grew up in your congregation, was on staff a while and last year led the Women's Retreat worship with you (surely you've guessed who I am by now!)

Congrats on this effort. The congregation will be blessed by the efforts you are initiating, and I know you and the participants will grow in your faith as well as your worship practices. I'm looking forward to seeing what will come next! Blessings on all!

1:17 AM  
Blogger Amy Stewart said...

Ok anonymous, I'm guessing that you are Tracy. Am I right? If so, how did you come across my blog? just curious. If you're not Tracy and I've just had a total mental block, please forgive me and let me know who you are. It's nice to know I've got supporters out there rooting for me. :)

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home