Sunday, January 21, 2007

Posting every day? Perhaps not...

Ok, I know I said that I would post everyday, and I'm sure the hoards of people reading this blog are so disappointed that I have not held to that promise, but well, sometimes my high aspirations don't hold up in real life.

It's hard to post much during the week because frankly I don't get a whole lot done other than just plain old work. Friday's are 90% of the time reserved for studying, but this week I didn't even have Friday to study. I had to travel to Texas for a concert and other family stuff. However, while I was there, my sister, who's on the faculty at TCU was able to check out about 30 books for me. I plan to "WebberRead" them first to cull out what I need and what I don't. So I have lots of resources for my studies this week. I'll let you know how it goes...

Some thoughts that I had this week while reading Webber's Planning Blended Worship: I should include in my plan for the team continuing education past the initial 6 weeks. This concept was also mentioned in Planning Worship Together, where they even suggested that 15 or 20 min. of each meeting should be devoted to continual study to keep the group fresh and up to date. One thing I won't address in the actual project, but need to keep in mind as I work through this is deciding what kind of turnover we should have in the group, and when new people join the team, do we need to do the 6 weeks training again? Or is there a better way to assimilate them into the group?

One challenge I know I'll have to address is how much do I try to cover in the 6 weeks? How much history, should I try to hold strictly to the 4 fold order, should I find one of the many books I'm using and use it as a template for how to structure the class?

Lots of questions at this stage. Will I ever answer them all? Probably not.

4 Comments:

Blogger Elaine said...

A guitar? *Frets?* Really.

Love the procrastination poster. In fact, I want one.

As for Northwest -- they once flew me from Orlando to Memphis, Memphis to Little Rock to refuel -- trust me, I wish I was kidding -- back to Memphis, then to Oklahoma City only to leave my luggage in Memphis.

Great blog, but how about an RSS feed?

Elaine Dowling

7:50 PM  
Blogger Amy Stewart said...

Hi Elaine, apparently I do have an RSS feed. Try this:
http://mythesisjourney.blogspot.com/atom.xml

9:27 PM  
Blogger Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

Amy,
Blogging can be very exciting but also daunting. You have so much on your plate, too! So free yourself from thinking you must post every day.

Your blog is unique, though, and I think posts discussing your current readings and questions will really help as sourve material when you get down to the writing bit.

And a little humor, every once in a while, really IS the best medicine!

9:32 AM  
Blogger Amy Stewart said...

Thanks for the encouraging words, Lisa. I'm finding that even though I'm not blogging everyday, I think about what I might write as I'm reading. And it's forcing me to really refine my thoughts and ideas as I read. I've not always been good at that. In my past projects, I would read a whole bunch of books and then try to write. But then I've got this big mess of information with no recollection of where I read what and how it all fits together. I think this process will really help me keep it all organized. and, it's kinda fun :)

10:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home